Last weekend we went with our good friends the Jones to Vernal to chop down our own Christmas trees. Russ and I have been wanting to chop down our own tree ever since we got married but this was the first year we managed to get around to doing it.
Russ' sister, Wendy lives in Vernal and was so good to let us use their 4-wheelers. Wendy also watched Logan for us while we were out finding the perfect tree.
I knew it was going to be a good day when on the way to Vernal we saw a rainbow.
I am sure Russ won't be to happy when he sees this but it was funny. The sun was pretty bright and Russ needed some sunglasses. Russ lost his sunglasses awhile back and so he decided to use mine.
The girls loved sitting on the 4-wheelers.
Ivy
Choosing a perfect tree proved pretty hard to do. In the area we were at there weren't many trees that were really full looking like the ones you can get at a tree lot.
Our family with the PERFECT tree.
Olivia was "Coldy"
When it was time to load up in the 4-wheelers and head back to the car, we found out that we had lost a set of keys to one of the 4-wheelers! We had been every where in that forest. There was no way I thought we would be able to find that small key.
We decided it would be good to have a prayer to help us find the key. Whitney offered a short prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help us find the key. After the prayer we all started searching for the key again. It was less than five minutes and Russ had found the key. He said he pretty much walked right to it!! We were all amazed at how fast it was recovered. Whitney was so happy that her prayer had worked.
The girls happy to be back in the warm car.
When we got back to Wendy's home she had some chicken soup and the yummiest rolls ever, ready for us to eat. I can't thank Wendy enough for all that she did for us. We had a great time. I think we have another family tradition!




9 comments:
What a fun family outing. Cute pictures. I think thats such a great experience to teach your children the power of prayer. I am sure they will remember that for many years.
Another fellow tree hunter! I love it. Cute pics
I have always wanted to do that! It looks like you had a lot of fun.
How fun we did that when I was little and I can't wait to do it with Maci!! The tree you picked looks great!
Looks like a lot of fun. I love 4 wheelers! I totally excited that I finally get to ride ours now that I'm not pregnant or holding a very little baby! Yeah..
The girls looked like they had a blast running around!
Hey if you are free on Friday around noon I am planning on inviting anyone from the ward to join us for lunch at McDonalds on 90th South and 40th west at noon. We'd love to have you come!
Hey I asked my cousins what they did from home and one of them works for 1-800-contacts and the other one works for Jet blue.
I hope that you are able to find something. I will let you know if I hear of anything else.
Thanks for the yummy rolls. Sorry we missed you last night. IT was a fun treat to come home too!
That looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment