Russ' Parents have a peach tree in their backyard. I picked millions I'm sure. There are only so many peaches that I wanted to have canned. I am planning on freezing a bunch as well but that will have to wait till tomorrow. So what do you do with the other 1/2 million?.... you get creative. Here are some of the recipes I have tried the past few days:Peach Syrup
5 C. Peaches puree
2 C. Sugar
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla
Combine peach puree, sugar and lemon juice in a pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Add vanilla. Pour into jars and seal. Process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
You can use this one for pancakes or on top of ice cream. I thought this was really good.
Peach Ice Cream
2 C. Heavy Cream
1 14oz. Can of Evaporated milk
1 1/2 C. Sugar
4 C. pureed peaches
2 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
In a saucepan pour cream and sugar and heat over med-low heat. Heat long enough to dissolve the sugar. Puree your peaches and add the lemon juice. pour peach mixture into the sugar cream mixture. Add the evaporated milk. Pour your mixture into an ice cream maker. Make ice cream according to your ice cream maker instructions. You can serve immediately or for more firm ice cream put the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours. Delicious! 4
Next time I make this I want to try stirring in some graham crackers to make it kind of like a peach pie. mmm!
Does anyone else have any ideas of what to do with peaches?
2 C. Heavy Cream
1 14oz. Can of Evaporated milk
1 1/2 C. Sugar
4 C. pureed peaches
2 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
In a saucepan pour cream and sugar and heat over med-low heat. Heat long enough to dissolve the sugar. Puree your peaches and add the lemon juice. pour peach mixture into the sugar cream mixture. Add the evaporated milk. Pour your mixture into an ice cream maker. Make ice cream according to your ice cream maker instructions. You can serve immediately or for more firm ice cream put the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours. Delicious! 4
Next time I make this I want to try stirring in some graham crackers to make it kind of like a peach pie. mmm!
Does anyone else have any ideas of what to do with peaches?




4 comments:
I love peaches! I did bottled peaches, peach jam, and peach fruit leather. You should also try Jenette Scott's concentrated lemonade recipe...the original recipe is for strawberry lemonade but you could modify it to make peach lemonade. It's amazing!
Peach cobbler, or peach pie, those are my favorite! Good luck with all of them.
I simmer the peaches about 10 minutes, then peel and pit as usual. Throw in a blender, then add a little sugar to taste (you might not need to, though). Pour into freezer cups or process same as applesauce. My girls love it, and so do I!
This is a huge hit at our house with fresh peaches:
Peach Slushies
Fill your blender to the top with peeled pitted peaches. Blend till smooth. Fill blender to top again with ice. Blend till smooth. Add a little sugar, if needed, maybe 1/4 to1/3 cup. Add ice till slushie consistency. They're just like jamba juice slushies and you can use any fruit. So good!
What great ideas!
Post a Comment