Two weeks before Christmas we put some wrapping paper on the girls door and locked them out. We told them that we had a big Christmas surprise for them and that they wouldn't be able to go back in their room until Christmas Eve.
For 2 weeks they had to sleep somewhere else.
(that was the longest 2 weeks ever)
The present:
A newly painted room with a mural to boot and a BUNK BED.
We got a killer deal on the bunk beds a few months back on KSL classifieds.
We stored the "fire wood" (that is what we told the girls that the wood was) in the garage.
Russ did the mural free hand.
He has never had an art class in his life and this was his first time painting.
He is AMAZINGLY AWESOME!
The girls on Christmas Eve in their NEW ROOM!
They were super excited about the bunk bed. I was really worried Olivia and Whitney were going to fight over who got the top bunk. The first thing Olivia said when she saw the bunk bed was "I get the BOTTOM!!" I was so relieved!
I am still AMAZED at his talent.
He didn't even draw with pencil before hand he just tackled it with paint right off.
I did help out a little with the mural but I give ALL credit to Russ!
I did help out a little with the mural but I give ALL credit to Russ!




5 comments:
THat is so awesome. What a fun gift for your girls. I bet they love it. Great work! I miss you I feel like I haven't seen or talked to you inf orever!
What a neat gift for your girls! My sister did the same things for her kids this Christmas. So fun for them.
What a fun present!! I love the mural it turned out so cute.
That is AWESOME!!! I need to come see it. Russ you are amazing. I'm not too surprised, there is some serious art talent in your family...looks like you are just tapping into it!!!!
WOW... Russ has an amazing eye for this... he might be in the wrong field. Fun... I love the room.
Post a Comment