Monday, June 4, 2007

Birthday Fun

Friday June 1st was my nephew, Aiden's first birthday. We had a birthday party for him in Logan at Horseshoe Park. There was tons of food and always lots of fun. Aiden's birthday theme was construction. I thought this cake my sister made for him was absolutely adorable.
I am sure it took a few hours to create.




This is a picture of Aiden and his parents right before he was about to demolish the cake. Aiden almost looks scared of the cake. He really didn't want to have anything to do with it.



But don't worry fear quickly faded and as you can see the bear didn't stand a chance.















This is a picture of my daughter Whitney and Aiden's on the other side cousin, Gina. Gina is a year older than Whitney. It was so cute the whole party Whitney and Gina were always together. This was the first time they met.

Gina came up to me and said "Whitney is my new best friend." Too cute! It is funny how easily little kids can become best friends. They scooped sand together into buckets and the next thing you know it instant best friend. If it was only that easy to make friends as adults.

This picture is of Aiden on his favorite present. It is an automatic mini 4-wheeler. There is a red button on the handle that you push to make it move forward. It didn't take long for Aiden to figure out how to work the machine. Aiden's dad, Chet is a hunter and so this mini 4-wheeler is just the beginning. The present also came with a fake gun. I guess you can never start too early. Poor kid even if he doesn't want to hunt, I seriously doubt he has a choice. By the looks of the picture I don't think Chet will have to worry about a thing.

1 comment:

Holly Strong said...

WOW, tell Holly GREAT cake!!!! And those messy pictures are the BEST! I'm glad Whitney made another friend. She is so friendly. Yes, it is really easy making friends as kids. I think the hardest part about being an adult is keeping in touch with our friends. But, when we do get together, it's FABULOUS!!!
Love the 4 wheeler....he looks so happy on it! It also makes him look much older than ONE!