Sunday, June 17, 2007

This N That

A couple of weeks ago my brother in law called and asked if I would take his daughter out to lunch. He is working on getting his masters degree and had a few reports to write up. I took Mia and Whitney to the rainbow slide park. Here are a few pictures of them having fun.




Olivia's 1st birthday was on Tuesday. We did a Winnie the Pooh theme. Olivia is always growling and my sister calls her growly bear. I thought it would be cute to have a Winnie the Pooh party. Russ decorated her cake. He always does a great job.


This is one of the only shots I was able to get of Olivia opening her presents without 5 other little kids standing in the way.

Didn't Russ do a good job! I think it is adorable

She wouldn't touch it

Olivia wouldn't smash her cake no matter what we did. She was getting upset with everyone watching her I guess. We had another cake that was an ice cream cake. The second we got that cake out Olivia wanted it. I gave her a slice and she loved it. We always have said that Olivia seems to have grown up tastes. She didn't want to settle for the boring plain cake. Even with the cake she did want to eat she was pretty clean.


Olivia enjoying the good cake:


We went to the zoo on Wednesday. We seem to go to the zoo often but my girls seem to enjoy it, and I like seeing the monkeys.
I liked this shot.
Olivia cracks me up. You ask her to smile at you and this is what you get:
It was pretty warm and so an ice cream cone sounded just right. We all got an ice cream cone except we didn't get one for Olivia. When Olivia saw that we all had an ice cream cone but her she had a fit. My mom ate hers down and then gave Olivia hers. I thought these shots were great of the mess that was made.


Olivia trying to share her ice cream. Yum!

When we got home from the zoo we were all pretty hot. We decided to set up Olivia's swimming pool. Whitney got in right away but Olivia wouldn't have anything to do with the ice cold water. Luckily our neighbors have a hot water tap hooked up in their backyard. As soon as we put the hot water in Olivia wanted to jump right in.


I think Whitneys eyes just light up in this picture:

Olivia, Whitney and Ivy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure do have cute kids hon!

Holly Strong said...

WOW, what a great post. For starters, the cake was ADORABLE!!! Kuddos Russ!!! Those pictures of Whitney and Mia are adorable. You are such a good aunt....where was Olivia?!?!?
The Zoo?!?! Russ looks like he's enjoying working from home A LOT!!! :) We need to go to the zoo again. Our passes expire the end of June, but I'm going to renew in July. :)
Maybe we can get Davis to take a break from work.

Sam said...

Nice job on the cake Russ...and what I wouldn't give for a hot water tap too!

Connie and Mike said...

I can't believe your girls are getting so old...

They are so cute.

The gramma part is for Holly's blog, but it's really Connie here!!!

It's been since spring and that is to long!!

Connie and Mike said...

Hey Russ

will you make my birthday cake...

Oct. 28th

I love bears too

Connie