Thursday, November 29, 2007

A little bit of this n that

I am so bummed. Russ has been using my camera for work lately and been leaving the camera at work. There have been so many times that I wanted to take a picture of various things that have happened in the past few weeks. Example: The other night I found Whitney in the bathroom sink without clothes on. Apparently she was trying to take a bath or something.
Thanksgiving was at my house for my side of the family like it always is. My parents live out of state and Russ and I seem to be home base for the time. On Holidays and at least once a month Russ and I run a Bed and Breakfast in our home on the side. :) Fortunately we love being with family and love having them visit.
Russ tackled the turkey this year. I really hate touching raw meat and so I was very pleased when he volunteered to take on the bird. He soaked the turkey in a brine for 12 hours and then roasted the turkey on our BBQ.
The most I can say about thanksgiving is that we had great food, good times with the family and I still have leftovers in my fridge. That is one draw back to having Thanksgiving at your home: you are stuck with the leftovers. If anyone has recipes for turkey leftovers let me know.
The day after Thanksgiving we always go buy a tree and decorate the house for Christmas. I figure if I am going to go to the trouble of getting out the decorations I might as well enjoy them the whole month. If I ever get my camera back I will post pictures of our beautiful tree.

No comments: