Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Surprise.... Surprise.....

I had my ultrasound apt. yesterday to find out what gender we are going to have. The Ultrasound tech wasn't able to get the baby to show that area well enough to know for sure. She said that she was pretty sure it was a girl but wasn't 100%. She told me to drink some caffeine and go to my Dr. apt and then come back to see if the baby had moved. If waiting this long hadn't been hard enough. Of course our Dr. apt. seemed to drag on forever. I chugged a Dr. Pepper, my favorite drink and we went back to get another ultrasound. Luckily this time the baby decided not to be bashful and let us take a look. So are you ready to hear what we are having yet? We are going to have a baby BOY!!!! Both Russ and I were so excited. Since yesterday Russ has let me know that we are having a boy at least 20 times. He is so excited!! I thought about posting a picture so you all have proof that it is a boy but think I will be nice to our boy. Trust me he is definatly a boy!! We have to come up with names now. The one I like the most so far is Garrett. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
It was my Birthday yesterday too and so it was really exciting to find out the sex of our baby. Let me just say I have a wonderful husband. Russ has always tried to surprise me on my birthday and he always has the hardest time keeping things a secret. I knew he was planning something but I didn't know what. After our dr. apt. Russ actually surprised me and took me to Anniversary Inn. He also got a professional massage for me in our room. I had a wonderful birthday full of fun surprises. thank you honey!!!!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy you are having a boy!!! Our boys will definitely be buddies!

Sam said...

...and happy birthday yesterday :)

laura said...

congrats!! it seems like everyone's having boys!

also, happy birthday!!

mindy said...

Congratulations! I am hoping for that same result next Monday. I will be ok with it if it is a girl but I think if it is a boy I am sure I will behave much like Russ and just keep saying "we're having a boy, yeah!".
Happy Birthday as well. Wow, an in room massage...you are one lucky lady!

The Airharts said...

Yeah... a boy! That will be such a fun new adventure! I need your hubby to give mine some hints for birthday surprises. Lucky.

Anna said...

I just told Joe you guys are having a baby! He didn't know. Why don't boys talk more. Sheesh. So anyway, I didn't know til I checked your blog. Man we're missing out on everything here in Ohio. We miss you guys a lot. I'm so excited for you to have a boy! Hopefully we'll be out there not too long after he's born. Any names yet? And happy birthday as well, what a sweet husband you have.

Anna said...

amy, we just saw your comment on our blog. We would LOVE to see you and Russ. Anytime. And I'm so excited about the upcoming addition to your family. BTW, if you need help brainstorming names: http://www.babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html its a pretty cool site.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! It's not like that baby will be a bit spoiled, Right!! I am so happy for you. It's always fun to get the other color :)... Bet those sister's will just be the best big helpers. Hope you are feeling fine. Love you, Connie :) Rasmussen