
If you like lemon desserts you will like this dessert! It is soo good!!! I didn't have Nilla wafers so I used animal crackers. Also I like a thicker crust and so I used almost twice as many animal crackers as the recipe calls for. I also like a really lemony flavor and so I added another 1/8 C. of lemon juice. I was thinking these would be good with some raspberry pie filling or some sort of topping and you could make it into a sort of cheesecake. Anyway I loved this dessert and thought I would share with you all!!
I got the recipe and photo from Kraft Foods website.
Creamy Lemon Squares
20 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, finely crushed
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold margarine
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. grated lemon peel, divided
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
2 tsp. powdered sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Combine wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup flour and the brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
MEANWHILE, beat Neufchatel cheese and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 Tbsp. lemon peel, lemon juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until center is set. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. grated lemon peel just before cutting into squares to serve. Store leftover squares in refrigerator.




12 comments:
these look so good Amy. yum. man this weight watchers thing is gonna be tough.
i LOVE lemon stuff! those look really tasty. i'm gonna have to try those
Laura, when you make them will you call me?
What Sam mine aren't good enough for you?! :)
yes sam...i will call you! he probably assumed that the family had inhaled them already. that's what happens at my house when i make treats!
I'm gonna have to try these too. I've been big on the lemon treats lately and these look delicious! And congrats on the baby update. I hope things go well on Saturday.
YAY, I was just at my mom's house and she had printed this recipe off. I was planning to steal it, but getting Davis dinner ready, getting three kids in the car, etc. I forgot it...yay for me you posted it. Still wanting lasagna roll recipe. LOL
dang it!!!! Why don't I like lemon flavored deserts? Those look delicious. I deprive myself because I am too picky.
Oh and I just read about your induction Saturday. Just in time for mothers day!! Good luck! Sounds like it will go pretty quick for you.
STOP posting these rediculously delicious looking deserts! You are not doing good things for my scale at home! Kidding, I love that you post these awesome recipes! Good luck this weekend!
I made these and overcooked them (oops) but they were still very tasty!!!!!
I know this is late but..Amy, I'm happy to have yours. I just know that Laura is eager to make things and get feedback and I'm happy to eat them and give feedback :)
Post a Comment