Saturday, May 3, 2008

Reporting on freezer meals


On Monday I went to Logan to make some freezer meals with my sister and her friend. I now have about 13 freezer meals ready to go! So if we eat a freezer meal every other day I almost have enough for a whole month!! I feel a bit more prepared in the cooking area for when this baby comes.

My Sister made a freezer dessert as well, Rocky Road No-Bake Cheesecake. It was delicious! Yes I have already eaten this freezer dessert. Unfortunately freezer desserts don't last as long as the meals.

Here is the recipe:

3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
3/4 cup JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
1/3 cup chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts
1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)

MICROWAVE 1 of the chocolate squares in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
BEAT cream cheese, sugar and milk in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Gently stir in whipped topping, marshmallows and peanuts. Coarsely chop remaining 2 chocolate squares; stir into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into crust.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator. OR
FREEZE and to serve let thaw in fridge for 2 hrs, or on counter for an hour.

This was delicious!!

I also tried one of my freezer meals the other night because I had been cleaning my WHOLE house that day and really didn't feel up to cooking. We had lasagna rolls. They were excellent. I have never done this freezer meal thing and so guessing how long to cook things has been a challenge. The lasagna took a little over 2hrs @ 350 degrees. I was kind of suprised it took as long as it did. It was worth the wait though!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I'm really not a big cheesecake fan, but this really looks good! I'll have to give it a try!

cathy said...

What a great picture! The pie looks lovely. I need to come over and see your new paint and talk to you about your freezer meals. I've never done them before and I'm sure it's such a relief that you have those. Good luck over the next few days.

laura said...

you're going to have to let us know which one's you like!

holly said...

That cheesecake looks delicious! I'm glad the freezer meals are working out. I'll have to steal some recipes and try to stock up.

I'm getting so excited for you to have your baby. Your so lucky you can count down the days now!

Anna said...

Amy, I definitely will have to steal some freezer meal recipes. That sounds great. Did you go to one of those freezer meal companies for just make them up yourself? Thanks again for taking us with you to Hale, we always have so much fun with you guys. Good luck with the baby on Saturday. We'll check in next week. :)

Toni said...

Good for you! I have tried all of the freezer meals that we made at that activity and I have liked them all so far, except for the chicken enchiladas, they were kind of bland. I absolutely loved the Lasagna. You will have to let us know what ones are good for the next freezer activity. That pie looks awesome! Good Luck over the next week!

Holly Strong said...

That pie looks YUMMY!! You'll have to post the recipes as you try them and give them a 1-10 rating!!!! LOL Lasagna rolls sound tasty. I will have to make that dessert soon, I LOVE sweets!!! SO how'd your appointment go?