Sunday, February 8, 2009

The BEST roasted potatoes ever!!

Tonight we had THE BEST roasted potatoes ever! I am serious they were dang good. They are so good I had to share the recipe.

Honey Roasted Potatoes

1-2 lb potatoes quartered
1 onion quartered
4 Tbs butter melted
2-3 Tbs honey
1 Tbs dijon mustard or something like it
Salt and Pepper
Parsley

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly coat an 11x7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place potatoes in a single layer in prepared dish, and top with onion. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes and onion. Sprinkle parsley generously over the top.
Bake in the preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through the cooking time. For the last 5-10 minutes broil to get the potatoes a little more golden. This recipe is delicious!

5 comments:

Toni said...

mmmmmmm. That does sound good, I want to try it, did you use fresh parsley, or dried?

cathy said...

That sounds really good. I've never heard of putting honey on potatoes, but I bet it gives them a nice dark color. Next time take a picture and share! Thanks for the recipe.

Nicole Marsh said...

that sounds really good, I am going try those for dinner this week. Thanks for sharing it!

Amy said...

I used dry parsley but I am sure fresh would be excellent. I also think using any other type of herb on these would be good like rosemary or basil. I am excited to try new things out with this recipe. The honey helps to carmalize the onions and gives a really really good flavor. The potatoes were gone before I even thought of taking a picture of them. Russ loved these!

Ambyr said...

They sound great! I will have to try them, thanks for sharing the recipe. If you ever want to learn to make any of the dresses that I've made for Paityn just let me know, you are welcome to come over any time!!