Another wonderful recipe too good and easy to keep a secret!
Tangy slow cooker pork roast
1 large onion, sliced
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
2 cup hot water
1/2 C. brown sugar
6 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
1/4 C. soy sauce
2 Tbs Hoisin sauce
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. minced garlic
5 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/2 tsp. candied ginger
cornstarch
Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of the onion. In a bowl, mix together water, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic, ginger, and hot sauce; pour over roast.
Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Thicken with cornstarch about 15 min before serving.
cornstarch
Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of the onion. In a bowl, mix together water, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic, ginger, and hot sauce; pour over roast.
Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours. Thicken with cornstarch about 15 min before serving.
I made rice and broccoli to go with it. I think the leftovers would make great sandwiches. We loved this! The kids had seconds!! This makes a great Sunday dinner. Trust me this one is GOOD!
The food was gone before I even thought of taking a picture. Sorry.




2 comments:
No pictures? I believe you, though. It sounds really good. My crockpot died - I wonder if I could just use my roast pot and cook on low for a few hours. What do you think?
mmmmm. that sounds good, especially since we had sandwiches for Sunday dinner yesterday because everyone was sick. Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment