Monday, December 17, 2007

Something you didn't know about my Husband

There is something about my Husband, Russ that most people probably don't know, he loves to bake. He mostly likes to bake yummy breads. He has a bread book from France (where he served his mission) that he likes to get his recipes from.

Ever since I got my Kitchenaid for my birthday Russ has decided his night job is to be a baker. The other day he made ham and swiss cheese filled croissants. They were most excellent! They were nice and flakey. I am pretty sure I haven't had a croissant as good as these. I am going to have him make the croissants for my family for Christmas breakfast. I didn't get a picture of these croissants but they were delectible.

On Sunday he decided to make this bread called Pugliese, which is an Italian bread. Again this bread was excellent and like the croissants dissapeared fast.

Pugliese. An Italian bread.

Tonight he is making Baguettes. I am sure they will be good. If somebody doesn't stop him my family and I are going to be rather large by the end of the year. Maybe he just needs to quit his day job and start up a bakery. Love you hon and your wonderful breads!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Dang, Cathy Gilmore and Russ should have a bread bake-off! I'm serious!!!
Feel free to send some homemade bread our way if you get tired of it!

Anna said...

I had no idea! That's very cool. Maybe he can give me some lessons next time we're in town. I love baking too...but I've never made something so exotic or beautiful. WOW!

laura said...

that's awesome! there's nothing yummier than homemade bread...or better smelling for that matter!

Holly Strong said...

Mmmmm, as a matter of fact, I knew this about him!!! I still remember the croisants he made soon after coming home from his mission (sorry I think he had a different date that night...oh well, I know she's not as good as you!) And I recall him missing sacrament not long ago...to finish his bread. LOL Gotta love Russy! BUT, we will always be happy to sample any of his cooking!