My Mother in law has been struggling with colon cancer for the past year and a half. This is a post my Father in law put on our family website:
Holly had another cat scan about three weeks ago. The cat scan showed that she no longer had any mass or tumor. The dr was amazed and said she is going to have another opinion on the cat scan. It also came back negative other than maybe some scarring from surgery and cancer, etc. When she was diagnosed with colon cancer she was given six months to a year and half to live. It has now been a year and half since her diagnosis and she is feeling very good. This has indeed been a very interesting year and half for both of us, but one that has definately increased my faith. Both of us have really gotten involved in scripture study (well Holly always did read the scriptures every day, but I have gotten more involved). This is a blessing to us both.
I don't think we can call her healed yet, but I feel from what we were told at the beginning that this is some sort of miracle. There have been many prayers for her behalf and her name has been in the temple alot, thanks to you all. I have studied alot about cancer over the past while and I think one of these days it will be like having the chicken pox or something. There are some wonderful discoveries made in fighting it. Her first treatments about killed her and she ended back in the hospital. These last treatments were the type that starved the cancer of blood supply which it required to live and grow. It's amazing and with very little side effects other than being a little tired. She will continue to have them to keep things at bay but be able to have longer breaks.
I read about another treatment that will be in use in about three to five years that will kill all cancers without any side effects. We live in a wonderful time.Which leads me to something that keeps coming to mind.
Before the Gospel was restored there were very little discoveries, even though there were many great minds that lived on the earth. Maybe the cotton gin or something like that. However, look back and after the Gospel was restored and especially after the Kirtland Temple was built that discoveries started being made. If the printing press was discovered before, it was made better after, the railroad, the telegraph, etc. More temples were built and greater discoveries, the telephone, electricity, automobile, plane, medical advances (why weren't these discovered before the Gospel with all these thousands of years and great minds).
Then more temples and the earth is lighting up and tremendous discoveries, the internet, cell phones, computers, oh yeah don't forget my favorite, the IPOD. Many other medical discoveries. The webcam; you can do a video call to someone in Turkey, such as with my daughter in law Amy's sister who lives there. D&C 110 that talks about the Kirtland temple kind of indicates how information will flood the earth. Something like that. In any case I am not intelligent enough to discuss all this other than to me this all is a great testimony about the Gospel. Hard to deny it I think.
Well, didn't mean to get preachy there. Guess that I am happy and grateful. We live in a wonderful age and when we are done here things will just get better and better for us. There is a great future out there for each one of us. Hang in there and be happy!!
I didn't know how to post this as well as my Father in law did. Great news for us!!!
Halloween
1 year ago




4 comments:
This is such amazing news!!! You have such great in-laws. It's good to see Holly starting to feel better! YAY!!!!!!!!!
That is amazing! I love your father-in-laws's description and his way with words. Prayers are answered!
wow! that is so great! what a blessing!
Wow! That's amazing! I'm so glad that you shared this story - I know that there are tons of modern-day miracles happening every day, but it's always nice to hear about them. Sometimes it's easy to get so caught up in what I don't have, or what's wrong with the world that I miss some of those miracles. I'm so glad that your mother-in-law is doing better, and pray that she will continue to be healthy and live a long life!
Post a Comment