Monday, March 24, 2008

My Spring Break!!



I went to Ventura, CA this weekend for a quick getaway with my Mom and my Sister! My wonderful husband took the girls so I could enjoy a fun weekend without them!!! Thanks hon!



My Mom and me in Topanga Park


We went to this beach called Sycamore Cove. It was beautiful! It was a little bit too cold to get in the water but that didn't stop us from enjoying the beach. We didn't really find any sea shells on the beach but we did find two dead star fish. I have never seen starfish on the beach like that.


While we were on our stroll on the beach we found this rock that really looked like a nose with sea foam that looked like snot coming out of this nose. I know that is kind of sick but I am serious, it really looked like a snotty nosed person. Here is our face we added to make it look more like a nose.


A shot of the waves.


Me and my sister, Heather on the beautiful beach!



Through out our vacation we saw fruit stands all over. We enjoyed some fresh strawberries at one road side stand.

Look at the beautiful fruit:




Russ is not much of a Seafood lover and so during this trip I really took advantage of him not being there. We ate at three different seafood restaraunts! It was fresh tasting and most excellent!!! I think we were all a little excited for the seafood because every place we ate at we ate way too much! You can never have too much seafood.

This is at the Pier in Ventura, CA. My sister took all of these amazing shots of the boats reflections in the water.

Another cool shot of all of the boats on the Pier.



We went to The Channel Islands National Park. It is about five different Islands that you have to take a boat about 20 miles to get to from Ventura. Once we got there we took this guided tour of part of the Island. I am really glad we took the guided tour because our tour guide told us about the history of the Island. It was really neat. Check out the official website at http://www.nps.gov/chis/


Getting ready to board a boat to cross the ocean to the Channel Island: Santa Cruz Island.



All of the hikes we went on were along these cliffs. The views were spectacular.


The three hikers



The hikes were beautiful and surprisingly not too difficult. On the way back from the Island we saw a group of humpback whales, and gray whales. We also saw hundreds of dolphins swimming around our boat. The dolphins would do tricks like you see at Sea World except better because they weren't trained to do the tricks. It was amazing! We weren't able to get any pictures of the dolphins or the whales.


The trip was short but wonderful! It was great to be outside enjoying beautiful nature! We didn't wear sunblock and payed for it. (I know not very smart). Even though I am still hurting from my sunburn, the pain is worth every minute of the wonderful time we had!

5 comments:

Holly Strong said...

SO COOL!!! I didn't even know you were going. All of a sudden Davis said, "Hey, would you be willing to watch Russ' kids?" "HUH!" He then told me you were in CA and Russ "might" need some help with the girls. I didn't get to watch them (bummer) but that's okay. So was it a spur of the moment trip?!?! Very COOL, very COOL!!!

laura said...

those are some great pics!

i'm still amazed that you went hiking!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a few days of paradise! Jarom will be so jealous! He served his mission in Ventura, CA, and has been wanting to go back and visit.

I'm so glad that you had such a great time! Thanks for posting these pics!

Oh, and how's your sunburn doing? Has it turned to tan yet? :)

Anna said...

so beautiful! I'm glad you got a break.

Jill said...

No wonder why you had all that color. Chad told me that you went to San Diego when I was telling him how good you looked from the sun. The girls in my family went to San Diego when I was in college. It is still the favorite trip to this day! These memories are priceless!