Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Day after Valentines Day!


Russ and I decided not to do anything for Valentine's Day for each other this year because we had a big ward Valentine's Dinner and dance that we were in charge of the next day. Our Valentine's Day evening consisted of making focaccia bread for the next evening. Fun I know but the next evening made up for it.

Let me just say that I think that the Valentine's Dinner and Dance was a huge success! I can honestly say that this was the first party that Russ and I have been in charge of that I was actually able to enjoy the evening and not be madly rushing around the whole night. I was even able to sit down and enjoy eating dinner. (Usually I don't get to eat at ward activities, because I am so busy doing other things).

We have great people in our ward. Everyone is so willing to help us out wherever help is needed. Thank you!! The Batemans are the best to have in our activities committee. You give them a task and you don't have to worry about it again. Totally love those guys. The Jones lending us their couch was a perfect touch for the group pictures. Brother Festin was great in surprising us with the lighting equipment. I know that the pictures will turn out much better because of it.

My favorite part of the night was watching people dance. There are people in the ward that I had no idea would get out there and dance like they did. The men strutting their stuff while all the women cheered them on, was by far the funniest thing to watch. Brother Tucker sure knew how to work the run way.

It was nice to have a fun filled evening with out the kids and to just enjoy my wonderful husband! If we have anything to do with it we will be doing this activity next year for sure! I don't have pictures to post, but it was an after Valentine's Day to remember!

5 comments:

The Airharts said...

I'm sad that I couldnt come-I would have been there if I had a date for sure!

laura said...

wish we could have been there! sounds like it was fun!

Carrie said...

My dad was in the hospital that night so we missed out as well. By the time we got home we had about 3 phone calls from various people telling us how much we missed out! Then on Saturday we had about 3 or 4 more phone calls and one email from different people telling us again how much we missed out. And then the Bishop showed us play by play all the cool dance moves everyone did. Seriously, that must have been the ward activity to go down in history as the most fun for sure!! Good job you guys!!!

E, Me & I said...

Wish we could have gone. Emmanuel caught the flu. :( I was totally excited to go.

I know Missy Isakson because we worked together. She's so great!

Unknown said...

Sounds like we weren't the only ones who weren't able to make it.:(
Jarom and I were actually planning to go, but then we couldn't find a sitter for the kids.
I'm glad that it went so well!