For Russ' job as an appraiser, he or I go around the valley quite a bit to get photos of houses. Any time we tell our kids that we are going to go on an
"Adventure", they know that all that really means is that they will be sitting in the car for a couple of hours. Lately they have been getting smart about the whole thing. Before they used to get really excited and always jumped at the chance to go on an "
adventure". Now whenever we mention going out on an "
adventure" they start to cry. Russ and I have been trying to be a little more sneaky by making these "
adventures" a little more adventurous by stopping somewhere along the way that the kids will enjoy. For instance today I drove litterally around the whole valley taking pictures for Russ, and along the route stopped at the Zoo. Our "
Adventures" lately I would hope have been a little more fun.
They all had a great time, really I promise!

Whitney lit up when she got on the giraffe.

Livy loved her giraffe ride

Measuring up to a gorilla

We have solved the problem of our children not wanting to go with us. We just have to go the long way to get to the "Adventure"
4 comments:
smart idea!
i haven't gone to the zoo once this whole year! maybe next time you go, you'll have to call me!
How funny, I watched Rachel Ray for a minute the other day and they were talking about the little lies mom's tell their kids to get them to do things. Yours is great!
And I love your new pic of Logan. He has a double chin just like my little man. Logan couldn't get any cuter!
thanks for the cute comment on my blog, about the perennials-every one is different, but first you want to cut off the dead blooms and just let the plant grow, in fall you want to cut them back enough that the snow dosnt smash them too much of break them off. Check the internet(google the plant name) and I'm sure it will tell you exactly what to do for each plant. Good luck
Post a Comment