Sunday, July 27, 2008

All in one day, and a little this and that

For the 24th of July in our family we also get to celebrate my wonderful husbands birthday! Growing up he always thought that the fireworks and parades were all for him. Or at least that is what his parents would tell him.
The girls and I cleaned out half the garage for Russ' Birthday. (that is all I could manage to do, there is nowhere to put all of the tools) It was supposed to be a surprise but the first thing the girls told Russ when he got home from Young Mens was that we cleaned out the garage! Oh well I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret for much longer anyway.
In the morning on the 24th we went to IHOP for a Birthday breakfast. There was a lady there making balloon animals. She came over and made the girls some little kitty cats and because I told her it was Russ birthday she made him a huge crown. I thought it looked more like a pope hat but hey it was a big balloon hat and caused a lot of attention that I am sure Russ was not looking for. It was perfect. Russ was a good sport and wore the hat through out breakfast. I did not have a camera with me but he looked good in his crown.
A little later that day we had a Wiener roast at Grandpa and Grandma Adams. Unfortunately we weren't that hungry since we had a late and big breakfast. I did manage to eat some wonderful watermelon.
We also had a "Kords" Reunion that night. Russ and his buddies from High School were in a quartet. They even recorded a CD back in High School. They have stayed good friends and get together off and on and do some singing. This year we decided to hold a Kords Reunion with our families. It was fun to see everyone and to enjoy some wonderful music. The boys did an excellent job! The Highlight of the evening was "Rubber Ducky"-Joe did an excellent job being Ernie, and Russ did great being Bert!
This is a picture of the Kords Kids


The Kords:After the Reunion we went home with tired children but we couldn't end the day without getting some fireworks in for the sake of Russ Birthday.

The girls with sparklers.

Watching Daddy light off some dang exciting fireworks!
The neighbors fireworks....

Hmmm..... I wonder if these are illegal!

The Adams family 24th was jam packed with good fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUSSY!

I love you!

Just for Fun:

I love finding recipes for dinner that will allow me to feed my family more than one meal. I found a perfect recipe for leftover roast:

Beef tauqitos!

They were the best taquitos I have ever had. It made enough to feed my family yet another dinner and I was also able to make enough to freeze some for later. I got at least 3 meals out of that lovely roast! Click on the link for the roast and taquito recipe.http://www.recipezaar.com/81118

Olivia hasn't been feeling good today. :(

This is how I found her taking her nap today with Russ

She is almost ready to fall out of that chair. I really can't see how this was comfortable, but she slept like this for a good hour at least.

4 comments:

Anna said...

we really should get together sometime soon. Since we both like cooking maybe we could get together and cook something fun and then watch a movie. That would be relaxing. And Joe and I would love to celebrate our anniversaries by going on a cruise one of these years, that really would be lots of fun. I hope you guys have a great anniversary on Friday. :)

laura said...

mmmm...i have a roast sitting in my freezer right now. i might have to try those taquitos!

that picture of olivia is hilarious!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you had a good 24th, and b-day celebration! If you ever get Russ to wear a balloon hat again, you'll have to snap a pic of it for us!

Unknown said...

Hey, how do you get your list of blogs to show everyone's most recent posts? I want to do that!!!